More than three decades since Argentinian football icon Diego Maradona played for Napoli football club, he remains a visible presence in this Italian city. His image adorns the city streets, in homes, cafés and even a cemetery.
Italian photojournalist Sergio Siano journeys through Naples meeting Maradona fans, who believe that the footballer’s success elevated Naples to previously unseen greatness – as a club and a city.
This film charts the long-lasting love story between Maradona and the city of Naples.
But it is more than the story of a famous footballer: it documents how Neapolitans elevated the Argentinian hero into their own Saint Diego.
Connect with Al Jazeera World:
‣ YouTube: https://aje.me/AJWplaylist
‣ Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlJazeeraWorld
‣ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlJazeeraWorld
‣ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_aljazeeraworld/
‣ Website: https://www.aljazeera.com/program/al-jazeera-world/
#AlJazeeraWorld #Documentary #Maradona